Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

2.16.2011

ReStore End Table

By: Ashleigh

I have a love/hate relationship with ReStore. I love that their profits go to a good cause. I hate that they tend to be very over priced. But, they often have BOGO sales and I've been able to snag a good piece here and there. What you're about to see is one of the good pieces.

I forgot a true before picture, but I hurried up and snapped one with my cell phone before all the wood was covered up.

IMG_0024
IMG_0023


It was a good, solid piece and I saw the potential. $30 though! That is crazy. But, I bought something more expensive (a post for another day, maybe next week) and was able to pick this up for free.

My lovely assistant, (my boyfriend) was kind enough to sand it down for me. And he even helped with some of the painting. His sanding skills are phenomenal, but his painting skills need improvement... but he's learning! And I always appreciate his willingness to help (even in 90 degree heat out in the driveway).
We primed it and painted it in the leftover "Potter's Clay" from my file cabinet makeover. I still. love. this. color.

Anyway, next up hardware:

DSC_4274


It had a very dated drop pull. I love drop pulls, but the cut out shape behind it just wasn't doing it for me. Solution: ask my dad if he could cut it off! He has his own machine shop and his metal working skills have come in handy on many occasions.  Lucky for me, he looks at it and said i could probably pound it off with a hammer. And he was right! Quick and easy. I hit it with some oil rubbed bronze spray paint and called it a day.  (Everyone is right, that stuff is great!)

DSC_4276
After waiting patiently for it to dry I carried it upstairs to take a picture. I decided to try my hand at staging because all of you always make your pieces look so great with a few accessories. I ran around the house grabbing things here and there. I think I forgot to put them back (sorry, Mom!). Luckily, my mom has all sorts of great things she's collected over the years. I wonder if she's noticed that some of them are missing...

IMG_4369
IMG_4373

IMG_4368


I love the two cubbies for cute things, like this box and maybe some pretty books and the drawer for things you don't need seen, like remotes and batteries. 


IMG_4371
I'm very happy with how it turned out. If only I had room for every piece I redo! I need to find homes for these babies.

I hope you enjoyed another end table... I might have an addiction... and I feel like there will be more in the future!

Sincerely,

Ashleigh

PS: Linking this post up here:

Transformation ThursdayFurniture Feature FridaysChic on a Shoestring Decorating




and here at SNS and here at Tatertots & Jello!!






My file cabinet was featured on Restore Interiors this week! I am so excited by this! Make sure to go pay that wonderful blog a visit!

13 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

so cute! i love the hardware now!

Kelli@restoreinteriors said...

I LOVE this! It looks great!! I love your clock sitting on it too;) Isn't it so rewarding to see it all finished and pretty? All the hard work pays off. Feel free to grab a feature button for your blog if you want too! They are on my button page:0)

Anonymous said...

Your staging is lovely. You know what? I love the way you know the right names for things like drop pull handles. I always learn something when I visit you. A boyfriend who is a good sander is a keeper.

Cheers,
Lisa x

Melissa said...

hi....loving this...and especially that little top space for gorgeous books or writing books..i am a mean mad list maker- this little stashy hole would suit me!

gorgeous feet on it too....do you think your mum would notice if you kept that lovely clock...i really think its meant to be there!!

melissa xx

Melanie Bacom said...

I like what you did with the pulls. I will have to investigate this.

Cristie said...

Very cute end table.. I love the way it turned out and so pull are great!

Allison@FabRehab said...

I need to try our local ReStore! It's about 40 min from my place, but I need to try it...posts like this inspire me!

Karen said...

Love the table! the new hardware looks great. I'm a new follower.

Tammigirl said...

I love what you did with this!

Lindsey Stephens said...

Found you on tatertotsandjello, awesome job on the side table! looks great!
your newest follower, Lindsey @ I'd Rather Be Crafting

Alida L. said...

Love it! What a transformation! I found you on tatertots and jello, come check out my latest tutorial here:

http://imakestuff4fun.blogspot.com/2011/02/swaddler-that-fits-tutorial.html

Alida@IMakeStuff

Beansieleigh said...

Wow.. I have a "piece of junk" right now, that I was just recently ranting, "Piece by piece, this is outta-here!".. But hold on a minute.. I like what you've done here, and I may see what I can do! Thanks for the inspiration. My piece of junk breathes a heavy sigh of relief, and thanks you! ~tina

Anonymous said...

Good information. Lucky me I came across your website by
chance (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!


Feel free to visit my webpage: http://jvahomestaging.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...