Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

6.15.2011

Call Me Crazy....

I think I'm going to turn my twin bed into a couch. This would definitely be my biggest repurposing project to date. But I don't think it would be very hard at all.


Here's why:
I wouldn't have to drop $500 bucks.
I'd be using something I already have. Love being green.
It's cheap.
I would have to live 2 weeks sans couch while waiting for the one I want to arrive.
It would be a perfect spot for overnight guests.
Did I mention I wouldn't have to spend $$$$?

I stumbled across this while looking for an interim solution to use until my couch arrived:

Source

 I would only have one, but I think it could work! I think I'll use a 10oz dropcloth to make the cover. I thought about a king sized flat sheet but I think a drop cloth will look a little crisper. It doesn't have to be perfect. I like how this one is casual looking. If I end up hating it... well I can save up for a couch and get it later.

This will be happening pretty soon. So I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Ok, be honest. Have I really lost it this time?

Sincerely,
Ashleigh

9 comments:

Just Jaime said...

I think it is a really cool idea! I say, go for it!

Jennifer Leible said...

That sounds like a great idea! I love it! I'm all for using something you have to fill a need! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Karen said...

That sounds like a great idea and you'll have a custom couch for very little money.

Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

Oh, yes! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

It's a great idea, and so is using drop cloth. Yes, I'll be looking forward to seeing the end result.

x

THEBUZYBUG said...

What an amazing idea....can't wait to see what you do, and NO....you are definitely not loosing your mind...YOU GO GIRL, WITH YOUR BAD SELFL!!

The Painted Parlor said...

Go for it girl!!

Emily@LovelyBeasts said...

It looks even better than a normal sofa/sectional! Can't wait to see how it turns out if you take this project on!

Erin said...

Do it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...