Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

6.22.2011

Mid Century Dresser Makeover

Hey Everyone!

Regular posting should resume shortly! I'm all moved in, not settled but at least everything is in here. It may be weeks until all my clothes are off the floor but hey, slow and steady, right? Meanwhile, new apartment means a lot of new projects! So I should have some pretty cool stuff to share soon :)
First up- this mid century modern dresser. I picked the handsome man up from Craigslist months ago with my new apartment in mind. I normally don't go for this style, but lately I've been having an affair with mid century design. Did I mention it was only $35, in perfect condition? Yeah. Baller status.



I liked the original color but decided I wanted to go just a little darker. The top was laminate (sad face) but everything else was either solid wood or real wood veneer (read: stainable).


I tested one to see the difference. Then I finally was able to get outside and do the rest of the drawers.



Because the top was laminate, I decided to paint the outside. I was originally going to go with white...but for some reason I can't recall I decided to go with a medium gray.


Yes... I was watching cash cab. I need to go on that show! I was killin' it!




It just wouldn't be a complete post without an appearance by Liam.



This corner of the apartment is looking a little bare at the moment. But after I finish a couple projects I'm working on it should start to come together.


So how do you guys feel about mid century pieces? I'm usually more of a traditional girl but I'm beginning to stray ;)

Sincerely,
Ashleigh



PS:

Transformation ThursdayFurniture Feature Fridays
Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingPhotobucket

Beyond The Picket Fence


19 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

love this one! love the style and the color combo you used!

Jacqueline said...

I love the dresser...I just did a chevron design on a mid century dresser, it almost looks the same. My favorite part is the legs.

Allison@FabRehab said...

Super fun! I really like it!

Emily@LovelyBeasts said...

Yes! You're making me a believer! I don't particularly like mid-century either, but love it in your stained look with the grey!

Jil Casey said...

I love mid century. You really did a nice job of changing up the dresser!

Vintage Restyled said...

Love the transformation. Since I found chalk paint I have forgotten I can stain too. It's just so easy and apparently I am lazy these days!
Great job!

Katie said...

Oh I love the dark wood with the grey!! It looks perfect with the accents from your yellow rug too!

BluBabesCreate said...

What a great find. I found one on the side of the road for free being used as a table saw. Come over and see.

Abi said...

It looks wonderful! I love the stain!

Decor & Harmony said...

Classic and modern all in the same piece great makeover!

jandjhome said...

I love this. Beautifully done and I love all things mid century.

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

Great job! But I think your cat stole the show!

Artsy VaVa said...

You did a wonderful job. It looks great!

girlfrugal said...

It looks gorgeous!

I have a mid century desk that I redid as well, since I had been falling in love with the style.

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on that certain vibe that you get from that style of furniture. Totally love your remix on the piece. And you're right, celebrity kitty just loves the attention. here kitty kitty. Hope all is going well ~diane

Alyssa - Live. Love. Craft. said...

Very pretty! I'd love to do lots of furniture makeovers... but my dad isn't real hot about that. :( and we have NO WHERE to put anything. I hate it. YOu guys would love my Bestie's mom, she's always repainting stuff and decorating.. I just love their house! I told her to make a blog but she says she can't write! I think I'm going to do a feature of their house on my blog someday.

Thanks for your sweet comment!
Alyssa

the cape on the corner said...

love the color combo, the shape, and cash cab! sometimes i'm great, but sometimes i'd be out at the curb the moment we pull away. the questions are so stinkin' random!

TANIA MARA said...

É UM PRAZER CONHECÊ-LAS. ADOREI O BLOG. AGUARDO VCS EM MEU BLOG.BJOS

Anonymous said...

While cellulite home plate treatments are no overnight fix, all
over reducing cellulite, you can opt for liposuction.
erstwhile this pass off your hide volition not be able-bodied
you that utilizes Vela conformation technology, visit theVela Shapewebsite.
This is because mesotherapy a root that millions of women have got been seeking!
many Pharmaceutic companies that manufacturer anti-cellulite scrap that fearsome cellulite at every meal.
As a Patient role, you should be able to converse freely veins and capillaries testament start
to Sabotage and suit discredited.

Look into my page ... loreal cellulite cream

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...