Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

6.08.2011

Spicy Chicken Fried Rice

I'm moving out in 9 days! I can't believe it. I'm enjoying these last few days with roommates and it will definitely be bitter sweet when I leave. One thing I'm especially enjoying is the cooking of my Sri Lankan friend, Isuri. Not only is she one of the most talented artists I know, she also makes some delicious food and every time she cooks the apartment smells amazing.

The other night I asked her to show us how to make fried rice so I could share it with everyone. 

Our wonderful chef.


Ingredients
[You could add or take away pretty much anything to suit your tastes.
And make as much as you want. It's a flexible recipe!]

Rice
Chicken
Eggs
Carrots
Onions

Seasonings
[To taste.]

Curry Powder
Tumeric
Red Pepper
Chili Powder
Garlic Salt
Curry Leaves
Salt

CAUTION! This is a spicy fried rice. Adjust the spices accordingly. If you use the amount of spices that we did you may or may not create a cloud of spicy mustard gas that will burn your eyes and nose... oops.


Pretty, though. Right?


TIP: Cold rice is better for frying, so use leftovers or chill your rice after cooking.




Mix your spices and chicken and cook first. You can use butter or oil for frying.


Take a break and take a picture of your cat because he is cute :)


Add in chopped onions, pre-steamed carrots and any other vegetables you'd like.


Then add the rice. You may need to add additional butter/oil for frying purposes.


Lastly, make a little hole and pour your eggs into. Let cook briefly then mix in.


And since I know you all enjoy a good before and after...


You can add soy sauce too if you'd like. Just don't ask Sarah to put it on for you...or you might end up with it all over your dress ;)

Sincerely,

Ashleigh
Sarah
Isuri

PS:

6 comments:

The Painted Parlor said...

Looks yummy :)

Julie

Anonymous said...

sweet kitty-kitty! oh, too hot & spicy for me, I'm a wimp :(
But good luck on the move - exicting and exhausting! I've been looking at some blog history and love your projects. Intrigued by the industrial side table idea too. Can't wait to see if you try it. Thank you for dropping by my blog and the kind comment :) ~diane at home sweet homemade

THEBUZYBUG said...

Yummy! Gotta try this real soon...Thanks for sharing.

Miles said...

Always include cats.

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

This looks so good thanks for sharing!

sam4ever said...

Love it! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...