Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

6.26.2011

Call me crazy...again.

I feel like the majority of my posts should start out this way. I posted my first crazy idea here and I'm still working on that one. Meanwhile, I saw on a blog (and I can't remember where!) that someone used contact paper to make chevron stripes on their wall. I thought this was a genius idea because I'm a renter and can't do anything permanent.

Well, if you know me at all, I'm not one to measure and take my time so chevron was not going to work for me. Stripes seemed simpler. I thought I had a one of a kind idea but as soon as I googled "tape on walls" I ran across this post over at High-Heeled Foot in the Door. So I'm not a genius haha but it was nice to find someone who had already done this!

I used three inch electrical tape that I ordered off Amazon. I'm kinda lazy so I skipped the measuring and math and just tried to space my stripes 5 inches apart. They aren't perfect but I'm ok with that. I'm pretty short so reaching the ceiling was a small victory in itself!


I picked up these vintage jello molds from Cindy over at Custom Comforts. I love the way they look with the gold mirror.





So, what do you think? I don't even know if I love it. I'm trying to picture a gallery wall behind the tv eventually. But I'm still not sold. The best part? I can take it down if I don't like it. I promised myself I'd live with it a few days before I take it down.

It is starting to grow on me :)

Sincerely,
Ashleigh

PS: "Like" us on Facebook (on our sidebar) to get sneak peeks of projects like this :)

PPS:
Transformation Thursday

16 comments:

The Painted Parlor said...

ooh, la, la! i like it a lot :) it reminds me of a pair of pink high heels with little black bows. you should go for it!!

julie

Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

I think it adds tons of personality to your rented space and that's a GOOD thing!

Jennifer Leible said...

I love it! That is such a neat idea! I think I might try that on my guest bedroom!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i like it, too! i especially love the gold mirror against it- looks so glamorous!

Lauren said...

love it! I also love the old ladder for a magazine rack= guiness! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm liking it, especially with the wood, and the t.v. cabinet. I'm loving the whole black & white teamed with rustic scene.

x

Jacqueline said...

I love love love it!

Vintage Restyled said...

Love it! Creative folks don't measure, we dive right in. Great idea!

BluBabesCreate said...

I personally like it. You know clean and refreshing. And chevron is everywhere.

jandjhome said...

I'm loving it. Do you think the wall may be sticky when you take it down?

the cape on the corner said...

so bold! love that it's just tape.

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Oh I love this! When I was apartment living I used to cut strips of wrapping paper and tape them to a wall in a similar manner, but they weren't very sturdy. This looks like a much more effective, and looks clean and simple! love it.

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

I really like your striped wall! The wall looks fabulous with the little, gold mirror and jello molds.

Amanda

Whit said...

Oh my heck I love love love this idea! Seriously I pinned it I love it so much thank you so much for sharing. I found you through the shabby chic cottage linky party and I just gotta check out your blog some more. Come and say hi and please follow back :)

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

This is such a cool idea! And it looks great too!

Jessica said...

that is pretty darn cute. what a completely simple (but significant!) diy. nice work!

xoxojess

www.americangypsyliving.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...