The rain (and the death of my palm sander) is hindering my project progress. So, today I'm going to share a couple of frames I fixed up for my cousin Jill a while back. You might remember that I fixed up an end table and a coffee table for her. Her mom (my great Aunt) had these in her garage and thought we could do something with them.
They were in pretty rough condition.
I wiped off the round one and painted it yellow. I used really light coats of paint and left some original black showing through.
The other one took a little more work. Aided with some warm soapy water, windex and a toothbrush, I attacked it.
I couldn't believe what it looked like underneath that layer of nasty. Two hours later I had this-
The plaster looked a little dingy so I dry brushed on a little paint to match the end table.
Here they are at Jill's.
I hope this rain stops sometime soon so I can get out and work in the sun. Check back this week for new projects :)