Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

4.19.2011

BOLD SHAPES

I've been seeing shapes everywhere. ..and I love it. Take a look at some inspiration I've been drawing from lately!

My roommate and I went to MOMA this weekend when I remembered how much I adored Louise Nevelson's work.

shape8


We also saw one of my all time favorite artists, Egon Schiele. Right now, there's a gorgeous German Expressionist showing going on. The shapes the colors take along with the line quality is so brilliant.

shape6


A big star in the gallery world lately is Tara Donovan. You may have heard of her work before. She takes a lot of everyday objects and turns them into works of art. This one, with mylar. (aka what your chip bag is made from!)

shape7


I just found this today off of honestlywtf. Thanks for posting artist, Camila do Rosário's work! Reminds me a little of a project I did last year for a drawing class!

shape5


I can't stop admiring, this illustration done by ray morimura found on ffffound!
shape3


Found a new favorite blog, dos family. I really would love to paint a room like this someday.

shape4


I came across artist, Rachel Castle a while ago, but I can't stop looking at her work. It's so simple and quirky.

shape1

Lastly, the only reason why I know about this designer is because when I attended an Eleni's event with the design studio I work for (we design for Eleni!) Gossip Girl star, Kelly Rutherford was there launching her new cookies and handbags while wearing an adorable dress such as this one by Lisa Perry.
shape2
Sincerely,
Sarah

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...