Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

3.16.2011

Q: Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patty's Day?

By: Ashleigh & Sarah!


We've decided to try to incorporate more collaborative posts into our blog as a way to stay connected! It's also really cool to see how our tastes are similar and different at the same time. Sarah's going to be sharing some awesome pictures of NY and I'll be drawing some inspiration and finding some St. Patrick's Day-esque pieces from around the internet.

--------------------------------------------
Photos by Sarah

stpat1
What better place to have green than St. Patrick's Cathedral? There's even a giant parade in the late afternoon right in front of the church going on tomorrow! Too bad I have to work!

stpat3
This was one of the most flamboyantly green store front windows. Most of the other stores have beautiful installations set up.. I'll have to show you!

stpat4

stpat5

stpat2
There are so many flags everywhere! Erin Go Bragh!

--------------------------------------------

Ok, I have to admit. I'm not the biggest fan of green. (Note from Sarah: But green is one of my favorite colors Ash!:) ) When I was little my grandma made me green eggs and ham and I freaked out. So it's been a lifelong thing! But I love online shopping and I was able to find some green things I actually like!

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 8.08.01 PM
These new Anthro knobs are to die for. Kind of industrial. Just my thing.

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 8.21.00 PM
I do have a soft spot for green glass. I also have a soft spot for things under $5! Of course, it's from IKEA. The place dreams are made of.

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 8.09.28 PM
Ok, so I wouldn't spend $118 on a pillow, but this looks like a pretty easy DIY. Don't you think?

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 8.33.19 PM
This next piece comes from Etsy. It's a Maya Angelou quote that makes me smile. And I don't even mind that it's green :)

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 8.39.22 PM
Ok, ok. I know this isn't green. But I really really really love it. And my boyfriend reads my blog. (Hint, hint.)







So, there it is! We hope you enjoyed and have a lovely St. Patrick's Day!

Sincerely,
Ashleigh & Sarah

PS:

A: Because real rocks would look funny!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...