Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

5.18.2011

Rescuing Some Antique Frames

The rain (and the death of my palm sander) is hindering my project progress. So, today I'm going to share a couple of frames I fixed up for my cousin Jill a while back. You might remember that I fixed up an end table and a coffee table for her. Her mom (my great Aunt) had these in her garage and thought we could do something with them.

They were in pretty rough condition.

DSC_4699

DSC_4700

DSC_4707

DSC_4706

I wiped off the round one and painted it yellow. I used really light coats of paint and left some original black showing through.

The other one took a little more work. Aided with some warm soapy water, windex and a toothbrush, I attacked it.

DSC_4710

DSC_4709

I couldn't believe what it looked like underneath that layer of nasty. Two hours later I had this-

DSC_4714

The plaster looked a little dingy so I dry brushed on a little paint to match the end table.

DSC_4715

DSC_4726

DSC_4729

DSC_4740

DSC_4741

DSC_4742


DSC_4743

Here they are at Jill's.

 




I hope this rain stops sometime soon so I can get out and work in the sun. Check back this week for new projects :)

Sincerely,
Ashleigh

PS:
PhotobucketDomestically SpeakingTransformation Thursday Beyond The Picket FencePhotobucket


8 comments:

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

I love old frames and those two are lovely. I cannot believe that beautiful wood was hiding under that layer of dirt either! The both look fabulous now!

xoxo
Amanda

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice revamps! Love the oval. Ornate picture frames are something I enjoy giving new life as well. Stop by and visit sometime.

Melissa said...

wow- they look amazing!!

i really need to make me one of those chicken wire frames- they look brilliant!

gorgeous oval frame too...i never seem to find those!!!

melissa xx

The Painted Parlor said...

Im IN LOVE with that yellow oval frame! i want it!! ;)

julie

Susan said...

Oh, wow, how beautiful! I love cleaning things up with a toothbrush. Good idea to add that little bit of paint.

Popping over from Chic on a Shoestring!

Anonymous said...

you did a great job. Those frames have some wonderful detail, so so pretty!

Jessica said...

Wow those were definitely worth saving! Great job!

Kerrie Lightfoot said...

OK. The yellow frame is my favorite. I might just have to come snatch that one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...