Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

5.27.2011

DIY Project List

One of the cool things about starting this blog is that a few friends and kids from school have said that they were inspired to get a little creative and fix up their apartments. I am convinced that just because I'm in college doesn't mean I have to have a bunch of mismatched furnishings with no personality. I am more productive and feel more relaxed when I am in a space that is neat, clean and me. I'm also on a tight budget (like pretty much everyone else my age) so I'm trying to make my space my own for very little money.

So today I thought I'd round up a few projects that can be used to personalize your space on a budget.

Sincerely's Coffee Filter Light

The coffee filter light project was pretty popular among my friends. So here it is for those who missed it. Lighting in apartments is usually mediocre at best. This is an easy way to create a custom fixture.

Click here for original post.
Approximate cost: $30

Ruffle Shower Curtain

There is never much you can customize in a rented bathroom. One thing you do have control over is the shower curtain. Too bad cute shower curtains are expensive. Some of them upwards of $100! Check out this shower curtain from Anthro to see what I mean. Save yourself $113 dollars and make your own out of dollar store shower curtains with this tutorial by See Kate Sew.


Click here for original post.
 Approximate cost: $5

Industrial Side Tables

The college years = lots of moving. Lots of moving = not wanting a bunch of big furniture to move around. That's why these industrial side tables are such a good idea. They are cheap, sturdy and incredibly chic. BONUS: You can disassemble them for easy moving!

Click here for full tutorial.
 Approximate cost: $50
(Cheaper if you find scrap wood in your parents' garage or the wood shop!)


There are so many great ideas out there so I'll be posting more as I run across them. What do you think about these projects? Yay or nay?

Sincerely,
Ashleigh

3 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i absolutely love that shower curtain! triple yay on that! i like the others as well, but that shower curtain makes me drool!

Just Jaime said...

Great ideas! Thanks for the links!

The Painted Parlor said...

Very great ideas! I'm gonna check out that shower curtain, I love it!!

Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...